Farmington Lutheran Church in Farmington, Minnesota is a growing and thriving ELCA congregation in the southern metro area. We are seeking candidates to fill a Director of Music Ministries position. Farmington Lutheran Church has a longstanding history of excellence in music ministries. We celebrate Christ with 3 worship services, one on Saturday evening and two Sunday morning services, including contemporary praise band services. Our Congregation enjoys an adult sanctuary choir, multiple children’s choirs, and an adult and children’s handbell and chimes choir. Music resources include an 11 rank Wicks Pipe Organ, 4 octaves of Malmark Handbells, 3 octaves of chimes, Yamaha Sound System, electric keyboard and drums and a grand sanctuary piano. This full-time position focuses on the following:
Primary position functions:
- The Director of Music Ministries will foster the congregation’s spiritual enrichment through the ministry of music; providing vision and overall leadership of the music program.
- To guide, plan, support and coordinate the congregation’s music ministries.
- Seek to enhance the worship experience of the congregation, and encourage congregation members to grow spiritually through the development and use of their musical talents and skills.
- To be collaborative and cooperative with staff, ministry teams and others to best integrate music ministry throughout the life of the congregation.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in music, church music, or other related field.
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in music ministry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lutheran theology, liturgical practice, and use of music
- Demonstrated skill and competency in the performance of organ, piano, handbells, and a working knowledge of other instruments.
- Experience and competency directing choral groups of all age groups.
- Proficiency in vocals.
- Strong organizational, communication and planning skills.
- Ability to work without direct supervision and manage time efficiently and effectively. Ability to be very flexible in work hours, with the majority of scheduled hours to be performed during the business hours of the facility.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally, electronically and in writing and work collaboratively with a variety of personalities within the staff and church membership.
- Adaptable to changing work conditions.
- Experience with creating and using word processing
- Successfully passing a criminal background check.
Please apply with resume and cover letter to HR@farmingtonlutheran.com